Endangered Species Day Lesson Plan Introduction
1. An Introduction to Endangered Species Conservation.
2. Causes--How species become threatened/endangered.
3. Local Focus--An overview of a few endangered species by region.
Region 2—Ocelot (Endangered)
Region 3—Karner blue butterfly (Endangered)
Region 4—Scrub lupine (Endangered)
Region 4—Kentucky arrow darter (Candidate Species)
Region 5—Purple bean (Endangered)
Region 6—Pallid sturgeon (Endangered)
Region 6—Grizzly bear (Threatened)
Region 7—Short-tailed albatross (Endangered)
Region 8—Southern sea otter (Threatened)
Region 8—Desert tortoise (Threatened)
4. Success Stories--How the Endangered Species Act and individual/group actions have helped protect endangered species.
5. What We Can Do--Various suggestions for getting involved and supporting endangered species conservation.
International Crane Foundation's Claire Mirande